Sunday, August 22, 2010

You're the sky that I fell through









Top: Forever 21 (worn backwards)
Shorts: Banana Republic Outlet
Sandals: Banana Republic Outlet
Bag: H&M (shown here)
Belt: Fossil Outlet
Necklace: J.Crew (gifted)
Watch: Timex (thrifted)

Today I didn't work until the late afternoon which meant I could dress how I pleased without having to worry about getting apple juice on my top or accidentally rubbing my pants on a tire as I load the kids into the car. Looking at this outfit as compared to my last, I see they are rather similar... but I guess I don't care. I'm wearing my old lady white sandals again and I just love them. I received a lot of compliments on this outfit today, however I couldn't decide if I looked too trendy or just classic with the high waisted shorts. The necklace is gorgeous and a Xmas gift from my mom. I once had an old lady in doctors office tell me to treasure this necklace for the rest of my life. The top is from Forever 21 and I wore it backwards. I felt like the embellishment on the shoulders looked better on the back, especially with the necklace. Oh, and the watch, which I didn't take a closeup of, I bought at Salvation Army. It actually doesn't work but I don't mind. I really love the look of it and figure no one actually can tell it doesn't work.

Aside from that, the weather is really annoying me. Yes, it's nice that it's finally warm here, but now all the fall collections are coming out and all I can think about is tweed, leather, boots and wooly tights. The end of summer is when I finally am pulling out all my skirts and shorts but it feels too late. Fall semester is starting for me on Saturday and I want to wear boots and coats to class. I have a feeling that we'll be having summer in October this year. Ugh.

3 comments:

  1. I love the beaded top! And I also wear broken watches just for style :)
    Thanks for your sweet comment, it meant a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beading on your top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Liz, thank you! I really enjoy reading your blog and mean what I said.

    @Meg, I just bought it at Forever 21 and they may still have it for sale.

    ReplyDelete